Software Engineer based in Brooklyn. Currently writing code and solving problems for GitHub.
As a former teacher and engineer at The Flatiron School, I've carried my love of teaching over into a few new adventures:
- As a contributor and mainter of Elixir School, a free open source Elixir curriculum
- As the founder of break-in.tech, a newsletter choc full of resources for anyone learning to code and working hard to get started in the tech field.
My language of choice is Elixir and you can find me working with the the excellent people behind EMPEX to plan our next EMPEX NYC conference.
You can check out my conference talks on Elixir and Phoenix here:
- Phoenix Presence: The Right Way to Track User State in Real-Time, EMPEX NYC 2018
- Beyond LiveView: Phoenix PubSub, LiveView + Channels, ElixirConf, 2019
- Beyond LiveView: Real Time Features Under the Hood, The Big Elixir, 2019
You can hear me co-host the Elixir Mix podcast here
You can learn about what I'm learning about by visiting my blog
You can check out my work on GitHub